To kick off this return, I shall throw as many updates as I can in a single post.
The best way to begin is to help you understand that 2014 is now dedicated to making '90s dreams come true. This year I made a list of some '90s New Year's resolutions, and with the year very near half over I am well on my way to achieving all my dreams this year.
1) Buy tickets for a '90s concert - Backstreet Boys tickets purchased for May 28, 2014! Pictures are now up.
2) Explore new projects from your favorite stars - This is a continual thing. I breezed through Lovin Lakin a couple weeks ago and was sad it was so short. I think Christine Lakin and I could totally be friends.
3) Connect with your favorite stars on Twitter - This is done and done, but never really done. I am a full supporter of using Twitter to connect with different people (this could mean celebs, or just people you have shared interests). It is a fun and easy way to talk and connect with people you would otherwise likely never talk to. Also, there is an indescribable feeling attained when a celeb favorites, retweets, or replies to your message. I would liken it to that feeling you got as a child when you received a reply to fan letter. Like that time I got a Christmas postcard from Mary-Kate and Ashley - I thought I was going to die a full and wonderful life at that moment.
4) Get lost in a '90s marathon - This happens almost every week.
5) Throw a Girl Meets World viewing party - This is going to happen, I do not have cable but I will find a way.
6) Start a '90s book club - ideas for said book club
7) Go on a '90s cruise - Sadly, this is probably not going to happen because I cannot afford a regular cruise, let alone a celeb booze cruise. Also, these things sell out super fast! If anyone wants to invest in making this dream come true, I accept checks and cash
8) Throw a '90s costume party - So much fun, pictures to come.
I have also decided to add new resolutions to this early list, since the best way to feel good about a to-do list is to add stuff to it that you have already completed!
9) See a taping of a show staring a '90s favorite - last November I went with friends to a taping of Melissa & Joey and had a minor heart attack seeing Joey Lawrence and Melissa Joan Hart in all their glory. First off, the show is surprisingly fun and I highly recommend it to all looking for a quick laugh and/or want to see Joey Lawrence in tight pants (FYI they look way tighter in real life) and Melissa Joan Hart in enviable dresses (admiring professional wear is nothing to be embarrassed about). However, since that was 2013 and this list is 2014, I had to find a way to top that!
Boy Meets World. I can now live regret-free!
And here is a blurry picture of Ben Savage from that marvelous evening.
10) Randomly run into a '90s star (or two) at a bar in Los Angeles - oh heyyyyyy Todd Bosley and Marcus Toji
My own Little Giants reunion #ilovethe90s #LittleGiants #SaturdaynightinLA
What are your '90s resolutions?! I am open to new suggestions to keep this list growing; afterall, I am quite near finished with it and the summer has not even commenced.