Thursday, May 5, 2011

Teen Icon Revisited: Michael Bower

I, like many people, spend an insane amount of time invested in my Netflix Instant Queue. My recent addiction: Monk.

The great thing about television shows is the random cameos and guest stars, this is how I keep up with some of my former favs who have slipped into obscurity. Tonight I bring you Michael Bower, aka Donkeylips, alumni of Camp Anawanna, and random man in anger management class on Episode 12, Season 4 of Monk.


This is in the same vein as my teen dream revisited segment; however, he is less a teen dream than the others revisited, thus far.

Aside from his guest role on Monk, he has done a variety of other guest starring roles, including a recent episode of Bones that aired in April. It kind of makes me sad that so many actors from my childhood have gone into obscurity, and even more so when I realize they are still in Hollywood they just have not been able to match the greatness of their early career. I guess it is hard to top something like Salute Your Shorts, and to be fair I don't think a replica of that show would get far these days...also, I haven't seen that show in a long time so I don't even know how I'd feel about that show these days. If only Netflix would add more of my childhood favorites to instant queue.

On the bright side, don't forget that many of our favs will soon be returning :)

No comments:

Post a Comment