Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Britneys back, biatch!

Pardon my French, I think I just took this blog to PG-13 with that language. Oh well, I is back! I'm sure you've been busy with serious stuff like graduate school or a career in law, I feel ya. In fact, I recently succombed to the smart phone trend and as a result I have been kept very busy playing Angry Birds. Why is shooting birds and killing pigs so much fun?!

Well, I've beaten Angry Birds and what is available of Angry Birds Rio so I find myself once again with time to waste.

So let's start by talking about another good looking blonde who is back, Britney Spears. Britney Spears is kind of having a good month. That is to be expected since Femme Fatale dropped in late March and garnered Ms. Spears her sixth number 1 album debut, girlfriend is now riding the wave of success. Last week she debuted the video for her second single off Fatale, Till the World Ends. Last Monday Rhianna released an S&M remix featuring Britney. Then, yesterday it was made official that Nicki Minaj will be joining the Femme Fatale tour.

I'm a fan of Britney mostly because her studio manufactured songs are so catchy, but I also like to see how she is re-building her image after the trainwreck of the mid-late '00s. I hope we never again see a bald Britney attack a car with an umbrella.

Woah! I totally just realized how poetic it is that Britney and Rhianna have done a song together. Umbrella ella ella eh eh eh eh. Oh the irony. And to sing a song about S/M...don't even get me started on the irony of a song about inflicting pain for pleasure being a huge hit for Rhianna.

I digress. This post is about Britney. Now, as much as I love Britney, I can't help but notice that her performances for the last 3-years have been underwhelming. Girlfriend use to be the master at putting on a show, but now she just kind of looks tired and stiff. In her videos she is more likely to be against a wall singing than in the middle of the dance floor performing. It is kind of sad to think that Britney is gone, I dislike change.

The good people of Pop Dust have created a mash up of old and new Britney that highlights the old highs and the new lows of Ms. Spears' performances. Check it out and see for yourself.


Here is to hoping that Britney handles the pressure of fame better this time around.

1 comment:

  1. Do you have Angry Birds Seasons? Not that I don't love that you've return to blogging, it's been long overdue. I love me some Britney!

    ReplyDelete