Sunday, September 11, 2011

Does Anyone Remember...Disney's Adventures of the Gummi Bears


When children come home from school in 2011, is there an awesome afternoon block of cartoons and/or other kids programming for them to enjoy? We had so many fabulous afternoon shows, yet when I switch on the TV in the late afternoon all I find are talk shows and news programs. What do children do for fun these days?! Dear God, please don't let the answer to that question be: 'check facebook.'

I promise I didn't spend all my chidhood in front of the TV, but I watched enough that show characters almost feel like childhood friends. I think that is totally normal.

Gummi Bears was just one of the many shows on Disney channel in the late 80s/early 90s that I remember watching with my brother after school or during the summer when both our parents were at work. TV was so awesome when we were kids!

Much like Bobby's World, I don't remember much in regards to plotline. I remember thinking the Gummi Bears dressed like Robin Hood, and I believe there was a great deal of bouncing done by the Robin Hood-looking bears. I also remember the catchy theme song:



Lyrics from ST Lyrics
Dashing and daring,
Courageous and caring,
Faithful and friendly,
With stories to share.
All through the forest,
They sing out in chorus,
Marching along,
As their song fills the air.

Gummi Bears!!
Bouncing here and there and everywhere.
High adventure that's beyond compare.
They are the Gummi Bears.

Magic and mystery,
Are part of their history,
Along with the secret,
Of gummiberry juice.
Their legend is growing,
They take pride in knowing,
They'll fight for what's right,
In whatever they do.

Gummi Bears!!
Bouncing here and there and everywhere.
High adventure that's beyond compare.
They are the Gummi Bears.
They are the Gummi Bears!!

I hope you have that song stuck in your head the rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment