Sunday, February 6, 2011

Super Bowl XLV

Packers AARON RODGERS FOR THE WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a wonderful game, and to think that I kept hearing people talk about how it was going to be a runaway win for the Steelers. I imagine this feeling of victory is similar to the feeling I might have felt in 2004 if Cal had won the Holiday Bowl. Nah, this feeling of victory is the feeling I would have experienced had we gone to the Rose Bowl that year and won...le sigh.

While the game was great, I didn't enjoy the commercials. This was the first year I watched the Super Bowl for football and not commercials, and I was not really impressed with the commercials this year. The GoDaddy.com commercial with Joan Rivers was creepy, I'm not impressed with the cars nor the phones being advertised, and the beer commercials are clearly for a different demographic. I did like the Stella Artois: Crying Jean commercial, and I think the VW commercial with little boy Darth Vader is adorable, but otherwise I guess I missed the good ones.

Which was your favorite commercial? If you missed any, you can check them out on Hulu.

Now for some celebrity, did you all catch Christina Aguilera butcher the National Anthem at Super Bowl XLV? If you didn't, or if you care to re-watch it, here you go:

No comments:

Post a Comment