Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Taylor Swift and Owl City's Adam Enchant Eachother


Taylor Swift no longer names names when it comes to song muses; however, she does leave subtle hints for the guy. It was speculated that Adam Young of Owl City was the subject of the song 'Enchanted' off Taylor Swift's album 'Speak Now' and Adam has just about confirmed those rumors by writing a song to Taylor Swift.

In a blog post on Owl City's website, Adam writes:

"I decided to record something for you -- as sort of a 'reply' to the breathtaking song on your current record. This is what I wanted so badly to tell you in person but could never quite put into words."

Adam goes on to pour out some lovely compliements including: "You're an immensely charming girl with a beautiful heart and more grace and elegance than I know how to describe." And then closes his letter to Taylor by quoting her own song "I was enchanted to meet you too."

The song mimics Taylor's original, but includes some Taylor inspired lyrics like: "You were all of my dreams come true / and I just wish you knew / Taylor I was so in love with you."

Umm...adorable much?! Taylor is currently with her band (pictured above in Tokyo) on her Asain Tour, but I hope we see these two together when she gets back, how cute would that be?

To hear the song and read the full message to Taylor check out the Owl City site, here.
The new Owl City album is scheduled for release May 24, what a great way to celebrate my quarter-century.

No comments:

Post a Comment