Sunday, March 13, 2011

Selena Gomez Debuts 'Who Says' Video

Justin Bieber's lady friend, Selena Gomez debuted the video for her new single, Who Says, on the Disney Channel this weekend.

I don't mean to be a total Disney-teeny bopper with so many posts relating to Selena Gomez, Demi Lovato, and Miley Cyrus; I feel like a Disney whore. But, you know, they are kind of all over the place so I can't help it. Besides, don't act like you don't spend your vacations catching up on Wizards of Waverly Place or Sonny With A Chance.

Back to Ms. Gomez. The newest track from Selena Gomez and The Scene is a bubble gum catchy tune to all the haters. In a similar realm as Katy Perry's 'Firework' song, Selena's song is jam packed with self-esteem building lyrics like the opening, "I wouldn't want to be anybody else" and chorus opener, "I'm no beauty queen, I'm just beautiful me." It's a good song, one that I will no doubt be humming for the next month.

The video features Selena walking out on a photoshoot and continuing barefoot down the streets of LA and along the LA River Basin (aka the drainage canal). She then takes a taxi to the beach where she changes into some more beach appropriate clothes (long tank top, cut-offs, and tennis shoes) and joins her band for a show on the beach. Check it out for yourself below.

No comments:

Post a Comment