Saturday, July 9, 2011

It All Ends in 6 days

Friday is the day It All Ends for Harry Potter. Unless, JK Rowling decides to write a new magical book...but that's just dreams.

Some of my favorite underappreciated people in Hollywood attended the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2 premiere in London this last week, and I think now is a perfect time to give them some love.

Bryan Fuller, creator of such underappreciated shows as: Pushing Daisies and Wonderfalls. Seriously, if you have not watched those series yet, you best make plans this weekend or next because another week or day without these shows in your life will make for a very sub-par life.


AND

Mae Whitman, angsty teen on the current NBC family drama Parenthood. My appreciation for this talented young lady started when I was just a young, TV obsessed teen and she was playing the spoiled and lonely rich girl, Emma Grace, on State of Grace. I don't remember much about the show except that it took place in the 1960s (I love shows that take place in a different time then present), it also stared Alia Shawkat (aka Maeby Funke) as a Jewish girl attending the same Catholic school as Grace, and for some reason I loved it.
Mae was also Ann in seasons 2 and 3 of Arrested Development (alongside Alia Shawkat), and she voiced Katara in Avatar: The Last Airbender (the amazing cartoon series, not the disappointing film). Avatar: The Last Airbender is seriously one of my favorite cartoons. That and Phineas and Ferb have restored my faith in Nickelodeon and Disney animated series.


Ok, now let's please get back Harry Potter. If you have not already, you should totally watch the 8 scenes from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2 released this week. They will make you giddy and excited for the worldwide release July 15. I assume you all have your tickets. I purchased my tickets to see the final movie at the same theatre I watched the first one way back when; the circle will be completed.

Although my heart is filled with joy and breaks when I think about the Harry Potter movies ending (and am reminded that the book series ended in 2007), I'm finding ways to keep the series alive in my life.

Unfortunately, the beautiful green wallet my friend purchased for me while she was in "East Asia" has met its doom. It was a sad day when I realized this fact. However, the day was made slightly better when I found this rather tweenysomething wallet in the discount bin at Hot Topic.

What kind of aunt would I be if I didn't purchase things representing stuff I love for my nephew to promote? The answer is, a horrible aunt. I can't be a horrible aunt. I'd rather that title go to one of his other aunts.

What are you doing to prepare for the end?

No comments:

Post a Comment