Friday, July 1, 2011

Music: Loud Music by Michelle Branch

"'Cause you're everywhere to me
and when I close my eyes it's you I see..."

This week's Who Am I was inspired by a recent desire to pop in my Michelle Branch CDs and listen.

Michelle Branch reminds me of summer, Arizona, and my aunt Holly. It was the summer of 2002, I was living with my aunt in Arizona, and that summer I would become obsessed with Sorority Life on MTV. Michelle Branch's song "You Get Me" was the theme song, so naturally the memories of that summer are triggered when I hear her sing. Needless to say, that show, and by association Michelle Branch, are the main reasons I considered UC Davis for college (though only as a second choice school) and are the reason I pledged a sorority in college. (sidenote: the awesome people in my sorority are the reason I stayed)

Alas, with the summer heating up, my aunt Holly out visiting from Arizona, and Michelle Branch popping up on my twitterfeed, my yearning for some of her music has resurfaced. Fortunately, she has new music coming out so I can mix some of the oldies (but goodies) with some of the new tunes.



Here is to another summer of listening to Michelle Branch.

No comments:

Post a Comment