Saturday, August 27, 2011

Taylor Swift Speaks Now, August 24 At Staples

I remember the first time I heard Taylor Swift. Molly, Jackie, and I were driving to San Diego for Christmas Conference the winter of 2006. I immediately loved the music and the singer and brought it back to Berkeley where Susan and I would listen to it on repeat for the rest of the year. Actually longer. I listened to it on repeat until 2008 when it was replaced by Fearless, which would ultimately be replaced by Speak Now in 2010.

Almost five years later, Susan and I got to see Taylor Swift in concert with like 15,000 other people (including Emma Stone, the Jenners, and Jason Mraz) at the Staples Center on August 24. And like the true champs we are, we rocked the show from the back row

Holla! Although I'd love a front row seat, since I don't have the connections or the money to afford such an amenity, I am happy to accept the seat in the back that cost almost $100 (Thanks, Santa!). It is not the first time, nor will it be the last time I get to party hard in the back row.


Taylor Swift put on quite a spectacle. Acrobats swinging from giant bells, a floating balcony, a gown shaped like a pastry, 9 wardrobe changes, even more instrument changes, and Jason Mraz.

The Jason Mraz moment was probably the highlight of the show for me. I mean, Taylor Swift is wonderful and I fully enjoyed the performance and the elements added to make it intimate for all ticket holders, but Jason Mraz is so dreamy <3



The Tuesday show had Justin Bieber as a surprise guest, and when I heard that I said "Dear God, please let the Wednesday show have a better surprise guest than Justin Bieber." Evidence that God answers prayers, regardless of how ridiculous they might be:



Seriously, if Jason Mraz was not engaged I'd be so all over that. In the meantime, I've switched my attraction to Mr. Josh Groban. Josh has that totally goofy nerd thing going for him. Argh! I can't resist that in a man! Plus he has that beautiful voice...*swoon*

Anyways, to conclude:
Taylor Swift concert = enchanting fairytale
Jason Mraz = attractive (but taken) fella on the guitar
Josh Groban = my future husband

For more pictures...

No comments:

Post a Comment