Sunday, August 7, 2011

Teen Choice Awards 2011

The west coast feed just concluded, so now its time for some highlights from the TCA...

1) Fergie's look of disgust when hubby, Josh Duhamel, lost to Ashton Kutcher for Choice Movie Actor: Romantic Comedy. I love how the cameras always pan to losers after a winner is announced. You'd think people would be better prepared for that and hold their composure.

2) Ashton Kutcher's adivce to teens during his acceptance speech, "Don't ever charge anything on a credit card if you don't already have the money in the bank to pay for it." Truth. I wish more people had told me that. Also, I think high schools should be required to teach basic home economics to ALL students because I could have used some of that to prepare for the real world. Balancing a check book, using a stove, washing your clothes, etc. I know people that I went to college with who did not have these skills.

3) Seeing Taylor Swift and Ashley Greene seated next to each other during Emma Stone's presentation of Taylor Swift as "Ultimate Choice." And those two were acting like friends, hugging and holding hands. I bet the two and Demi Lovato have an "Exes of Joe Jonas" club; of course, Camilla Belle is probably not invited to that club.

4) Ellen Degeneres winning the award for Choice Comedian. I love that woman, and her wife, they are so funny. I'm declaring them my favorite lesbian couple.

5) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 taking the award for Choice Movie: Sci-Fi/Fantasy. Take that Twilight: Eclipse, you can't win them all. Here is a freindly picture of Tom Felton and Robert Pattinson at the TCA.


Changing the subject to something I don't understand, let's talk about Justin Bieber. I get that he has some talent and I totally have him on a mix CD in my car stereo (his song is strategically placed right after Selena Gomez's song, Rock God), but I totally don't understand his "white-boy thug" persona going on and his walking like he literally has a stick up his butt. Is that what teen girls are into these days?

Who was our generations Justin Bieber?

No comments:

Post a Comment